HER FRO Resource – Get to Know FRO
‘Get to Know FRO’ is an informational guide and survey to help Ontario child support recipients better navigate the provincial child support collection and enforcement system and advocate for their families.
Who is this informational guide for?
- Parents who receive child support administered through FRO.
- Parents who are considering registering with FRO but need more information.
- Parents who are not receiving regular child support payments.
- Social workers, counsellors, volunteers and other community members who work with parents who deal with the FRO.
Use this guide to learn more about the Family Responsibility Office in Ontario, including:
- What is the Family Responsibility Office, or FRO?
- FRO: What’s the Issue?
- What Does the FRO Do (Get to Know FRO)?
- What Doesn’t the FRO Do?
- Getting Started with the FRO
- Your Responsibilities with the FRO
- The FRO’s Responsibilities to You
- Enforcement Actions
- Communicating with the FRO
- FRO Complaints
- Frequently Asked Questions
We hope that you find this guide helpful and encourage all child support recipients to share your experiences with the Family Responsibility Office with HER Grey Bruce by completing our FRO Survey. Your responses are anonymous and will help inform requests for changes and improvements to the FRO system in Ontario.